Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Annotation Evaluation

Highlighting is useful when you want to remember a key phrase or word in a piece of text. This is useful because when you look back on a piece of text instead of reading the whole thing again you can read only the bit you highlighted. The advantage of highlighting is that you can easily see a key phrase. The disadvantage is that it takes time highlighting because you need to carefully read it. I used highlighting in my task to pick up key quotes and to help them stand out to the reader. This is useful for my project because I can use highlighting when I need to read a useful text about emotional abuse.

Underling is useful when you want make a phrase or word stand out from a text. This is effective because when you are looking over the text in a later date it is easier to read the key words when they are underlined. The advantage of underlining is that it is quicker than highlighting because it is easier to underline rather than highlight. The disadvantage is that highlighting is much more noticeable than underlining. I used this in my task when I was skimming through the text. This is useful for my project because I refer back on texts and the key points are underlined

Labelling is useful when you want to add to highlighting to help explain what it is you have highlighted. This is effective because it makes highlighting more effective when you add notes to it. The advantage of labelling is that you can add notes to a piece of text to make it much clearer. The disadvantage of labelling is that it takes time to label. I used labelling in my task when I was adding notes to stuff I highlighted. This is useful for my project because I can label notes to make them much clearer and therefore has a better effect on the reader.    

No comments:

Post a Comment