There was many reading techniques I have used throughout this unit. For example skim reading, skim reading is quickly looking over a piece of text while picking up key parts of the text. This is useful when you are on a train journey and you want to quickly glance over a newspaper. Another example was scan reading, this is when you are looking over a extract and you are looking for specific key word or phrase. This is useful when you are reading an extract and you want to look over specific text with a keyword. My final example is a phrase search, this is when you type a specific phrase into Google and it comes up with a extract with that specific phrase. This is useful when you want to find a book and a chapter that has a specific term you want to read.
There are many types of information extract techniques I have used for example highlighting. Highlighting is when you notice a key word or phrase and instead of reading all over again you highlight it to make it stand out next time you read it. This is useful when you want to pick out terms from a specific extract to present to someone. I used highlighting when i was annotating emotional abuse articles. A second example is summarising, this is when you read a long piece of text and you shorten it to it key points so that it is shorter for the reader. This is useful when your friend wants to read an article but it is too long so you summarise it so that it is more bearable to read. I used this when i summarised an article about Jeremy Coybern. My final example is coping and pasting extracts, this is when you copy and paste an extract from the internet because it contains valuable information. This is useful when you need evidence to back up a specific point. I used it when I needed an article for my annotating task.
No comments:
Post a Comment